Nora Young's new show, Spark, premiered on Radio One this week, and like her show with Cathi Bond, the Sniffer, I enjoyed!
But how could I not blog about the one thing that stood out the most — The Eglu!
Now, I am all for eating local, eating organic, and heck, if you’ve got the space and the time, DIY and grow your own! The Eglu, by Omlet (a UK company) takes this to a whole new level. Basically, the Eglu is a tiny, plastic habitat, where you can house chickens in your own backyard, so instead of having to walk to the store, or visit a farmer's market to get your local eggs, you just have to step out on your front deck, and there they are — fresh eggs!
I don't have an opinion on the Eglu, because part of me thinks that they are incredibly peculiar, but another part of me is so curious! There was one interview on Spark, where an Eglu owner cited his reasons for harvesting his own eggs. One of his main reasons was to teach his children about DIY culture and where their food comes from, so they know at a young age that food comes from animals, and doesn't just appear in the fridge like mould.
I know one thing for sure, and that is my parents would go absolutely nuts if I had an Eglu arrive first-class from the UK to house some new pets!
No comments:
Post a Comment