I love getting mail. Especially when it's a book or a CD that I've been anxiously awaiting. This week I received my copy of Andrea Simms-Karp's CD, Sleeper, and I adore it. No, I'm not just saying that because we went to J-School together, or because I know she stops by my blog from time to time, but I'm saying it because I've been listening to it non-stop for the past two days, and I love it.
And Ottawa Xpress gave it a glowing review:
And Ottawa Xpress gave it a glowing review:
September 20th, 2007
Andrea Simms-Karp - (Independent) Sleeper
Lara Purvis
From the first track, Before I Fold, to the final, Voice in the Morning, Sleeper sparkles with the fresh beauty of early morning dew. The debut release by local musician Andrea Simms-Karp is enriched with talented guest musicians and a depth and array of instrumentation. Simms-Karp's talent is limited to her musicianship. Her writing spills out into her lyrics, in particular on the title track I Am a Sleeper, where she treads the familiar ground of love and friendship; her lyrics are strong in their sense of place, standing alone in their strength but becoming even more poignant through her soft, youthful Harmer-esque voice. Sleeper is a beautiful and polished album from an up-and-coming local singer-songwriter. It's certainly a worthy debut.
1 comment:
Aw... Thanks!!! Glad you like it. It likes you.
~Andrea
Post a Comment