Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lazy Sundays

"Mirabelle Buttersfield moved from Vermont hoping to begin her life. And now she is stranded in the vast openness of LA. She keeps working to make connections, but the pile of near misses is starting to overwhelm her. What Mirabelle needs is an omniscient voice to illuminate and spotlight her and to inform everyone that this one has value, this one standing behind the counter in the glove department and to find her counterpart and bring him to her."

-Shopgirl (2005)

I'm finally having the day I've been dreaming about for weeks -- a day to simply stay at home and clean, read, watch movies, and listen to records. It's sort of an odds and ends type day, which seems to be a rarity these days. I'm half way through Shopgirl, which is definitely a Sunday afternoon sort of a movie.

The summer is winding to an end, way too prematurely it seems. Luckily, I love Fall, except for the ominous feeling that accompanies it.

This summer's final hurrah was a solo trip to Montreal last weekend. Without getting too Elizabeth Gilbert about it all, solo travelling really is wonderful.

Here are just a few of the many pictures I took.

2 comments:

Stella said...

Such nice pictures!

Stella said...

Such nice pictures!